At Woodlands Academy we are committed to promoting education opportunities for all staff members.
As part of our pledge we have set up an Apprenticeship Scheme for Teaching Assistants. This exciting venture provides Apprentices with personalised in house training from specialist teaching staff. It is an opportunity for Apprentices to experience “real work” in a structured and supportive environment.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be allocated to a specific class within Woodlands Academy based on your experiences and aspirations.
- You will complete a highly recognised Level 2 qualification, which will provide you with a Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. This will be done in collaboration with a College.
- You will be allocated an Assessor from the College who will meet with you at school, to plan your learning and assessment.
- You will be allocated a Mentor in school who will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure that you are progressing well and achieving.
- You will attend and receive in-house training in many aspects of education to enable you to develop your skills and knowledge.
- You will take part in the school performance monitoring process ensuring that your personal development and training needs are being met.